The First Rate team attended AGENCY@Google at the Hilton this week, Google’s exclusive annual event for New Zealand agency partners.
There was a short keynote presentation followed by interactive product demos covering:
- Search: What’s new, Tools, Maps and Local Extensions
- Content and Display: What’s new in the Google Display Network, YouTube, Promoted Videos
- Tracking and Analysis: New reporting features in Google Analytics
- Learning and Development: Overview of the Certified Partners Programme
Here’s a couple of us from the First Rate Auckland office, at AGENCY@Google:
The keynote was particularly interesting with Google’s Matt Batcheldor speaking amongst others things about The 5 Ps of Digital Marketing, according to Google:
As the world becomes increasingly digital and consumers become more connected and empowered, marketers must sharpen their digital senses and hone their digital intuitions. Many longstanding marketing frameworks are still valuable and relevant in our digital world, but here we offer a set of five principles that are especially critical for thriving in the current landscape. Our digital world both enables and requires success in these areas, which we see as best practices of savvy digital marketers.
Google suggests that the 5 Ps of Digital Marketing are:
- Pulse: To the listener goes the insight
- Pace: Speed beats perfection
- Precision: A message is only as good as its delivery
- Performance: Data drives discipline and discovery
- Participation: Conversing together is better
Here’s a couple of us from the First Rate Auckland office, with Google’s Matt Batcheldor and Neal Gapes from 3d interactive:
Thank you Google for putting this on, a fun time was had by all.